TAS1 | GP| Launceston, Tasmania
Location: Launceston, Tasmania
Length of position: 2 years or longer preferred but may be negotiable for a shorter contract
Consultant email: [email protected]
We have a new vacancy for UK / Irish /New Zealand GP in Launceston, Tasmania:
· Mixed billing practice with 3 GPs,
· DWS exemption in place (Launceston is not normally DWS so this is a special opportunity)
· Privately owned
· 70% of billings, minimum guarantee of $100 an hour for first 2/3 months
· Vacancy is due to patient demand, they are so busy they have closed their books to new patients
· 2 Nurses on site to assist doctors
· No weekend work
· There are a range of good schools in Launceston, and lots of beautiful places to explore nearby.
Launceston is on the north side of Tasmania. It is a big town in its own right as well as offering easy access to the beautiful countryside and sea shore in this part of Tasmania. 4 GPs. Bulk billing. As well as general practice, this centre also offers: travel medicine, health assessments, mental health care plans, diabetes & asthma support, women’s health, men’s health, elderly health, minor surgery (removal of skin lesions etc), ECG, & Spriometry, Haemorrhoid removal
More information on Launceston:
Who can apply for this post?
To apply for this post, you must be able to gain either Category 1 or Category 2 registration with the RACGP.
Category 2 registration is available to UK or Irish trained GPs who do not hold MRCGP or MICGP and it is also available to GPs who’ve trained in some European countries and South Africa. This link on the RACGP website will help you to determine if your qualifications are acceptable: https://www.racgp.org.au/selfassess
You can find more information here:
If you would like more information on these jobs, please email or telephone us on +44(0)1483 763102 for further information. All enquiries are free and in confidence.